Friday, January 7, 2011

PTSD


I think that I have PTSD, seriously, no joke. I am doing respite this weekend for a teenage girl and my heart is racing. She's pretty decent as far as teenage girls go.... I think I just had one too many bad experiences with my own teenage girl which has now ruined it for the rest of the lot of em. Keep your fingers crossed for me and maybe throw some holy water my direction. Thanks.


On a happier note, I am trying to go back to school this semester. I am hoping to finally conquer my demon...... Algebra!!!! I would like to eventually get my Bachelors in Psychology with a minor in Social Work. Wouldn't that be cool? We'll see. I'm afraid to get my hopes up too high. But if I did make that happen I would really be proud of myself.


I think that January is a hollow month. It has nothing but coldness. I don't mean to sound so negative.... just the mood I'm in a I guess. But after Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years Eve and then Bam! nothing. Its sort of depressing. I am looking forward to Valentine's Day. Ty and I are planning on going out with my brother and sister in-law. It will be our third year in a row celebrating together. I'm excited about that. Maybe it's nerdy but they seriously are some of my best friends.


Aurora has been talking so much for the last couple of days, I love it. She likes the song Old McDonald and she likes to play peek a boo and now grabs onto her feet and tries to suck on her toes. Everyone seems to be drawn to her too. Even old men, which sounds creepy but really isn't. Its the nice looking old men that you would want to be your grandpa kinda thing. They always stop to tell us how pretty she is and how she reminds them of when one of their daughters was a baby or the grand kids and so on. I'm starting to think that people see what they want to see in babys. Life choices, hopes and experiences seem to be reflected in them by whoever is looking. Does that make any sense to you? It does me. Anyways She is so stinkin cute! I really love having her in my life. I am excited for whenever its time for Baby # 2.

1 comment: