Monday, June 6, 2011

Sporty Youth Is No More

Ty and I took respite May 26 thru the 29th, it was long over due and I was so happy to take a short break. On Thursday I got the kids off to their perspective respite placements. Then I just came home and kinda crashed. Later in the evening Ty and I went shopping at Ross. Ty really needed some new shoes and I wasn't really planning on getting anything at all but then Ty said I should since I haven't gone clothes shopping in forever. It was really sweet of him to encourage me to spend money! haha.
After that we met up with Dawn and Ray at Panda Express in PV before going to watch the movie Thor at Harkins. It was fun to stay out late with friends and do something other then be in bed sleeping.
On Friday we mostly stayed home and then went to yard sales around Chino Valley. This may sound lame but I had fun eating my rollo Mcflurry while driving around. I didn't find anything especially exciting but it was a fun way to spend an afternoon.
To sum things up I enjoyed my weekend off from the kids and am looking forward to the next time I can take a break.
On a different note I have a new mini van. Well not completely new but new to me. It's a 2009 Chrysler Town & Country. Sounds kinda fancy. Well it is for a mini van. The best part is that it has a dvd player in it, so I have a built in baby sitter for the long car rides I embark on sometimes. The sad part is that I traded in my beloved Camry! So sad, I seriously almost cried when I left my car behind at the dealer ship. Oh well. I have made a new goal for myself. To save enough money up to buy a new car for my 28th birthday. I always like a good challenge and have decided that is what I want to do. I guess we will see in 2012 whether I accomplish it or not.
For this past weekend I went camping with my family and their friends. Its our third year in a row going. I look forward to it all year long, its my signal that summer has officially arrived. We go up by the White Mountain (by Payson AZ). This year I got to bring Aurora along with me. It was really fun to take her on her first camping trip. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be but it still presented its challenges. I think that we are going to try and go again in July. You should come, yes you, it would be fun!
Let's see what else? I think that's it mostly in a nut shell. The only other thing is I feel like being a hermit. Alas I don't think thats going to happen anytime soon.... so until next time.....

TTFN!





On a completely

3 comments:

  1. I have no idea why there isn't any identation. Ooops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay! We want to come! And I'm jealous of mini van. Like really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. don't be jealous. I'll share in my geekdom. hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete